POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with my new webserver : Re: Help with my new webserver Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with my new webserver
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 15 Jan 2001 22:42:55
Message: <3A63C2BE.386D7217@videotron.ca>
I wrote:

> Netscape times out.
> Internet Explorer times out.
> Telnet to port 80 times out.
>
> I guess it's time for you to look at the firewall logs for my IP address
> (available in the headers of this message) to see what happened.

I forgot to add that ping and traceroute to your machine work fine, so
it's not a routing issue and that "regular" telnet and telnet to the
SMTP port are blocked right away, so it's definitely a problem with your
firewall.  Make sure it allows packets that have source port 80 and
destination port > 1023.

--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
    flabreque     | button on a cat who wants breakfast.