POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When POVRay 3.5 : Re: When POVRay 3.5 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When POVRay 3.5
From: David Fontaine
Date: 15 Jan 2001 21:46:36
Message: <3A63B4D3.FD42C674@faricy.net>
Ian Burgmyer wrote:

> Personally, I don't even use half the features in POV (Plain Old POV), so
> POV 3.5, or even MegaPOV probably wouldn't do me much good :-)

But you still use a lot, no? Just because you don't use everything in one
doesn't mean the other can't be useful. Even with a modeller, you could get
some limited use out of MegaPOV from new texture options like conserve_energy
and variable reflection. As for hand-coding there's all the more, like
trace() and isosurface. Even with Plain Old POV, there's features like poly
and macro you can't access with a modeller.

> Until Moray supports it, that is.  Heh heh heh!

Modellers are all good and fun, but they'll never be able to do things like
isosurface...