POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray : Re: The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Jan 2001 16:53:41
Message: <3A637133.6EF104C8@online.no>
Ken wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> >
> > I just bought the February issue of PC Plus and
> > found that they have allocated a page (p.45) to
> > POV-Ray and raytracing.
>
> For those of us who didn't or won't be purchasing that issue what
> did they say ?  :)

"...is distressingly addictive - I love it"

"good visualization tool"

"Persistence of Vision (POV) has been around for
years and some amazing work has been done with it."

"Go to the POV-site (www.povray.org) for a free down-
load of and links to add-ons, artists' galleries and
prize winning images."

"... still prefer POV-Ray"

:)

In the first half of the page there's a lathe image
rendered with POV together with the script that
generates the objects within the image.

Here they also talk about using a spreadsheet (on the
enclosed CD) to calculate the co-ordinates for the
lathe bowl shown in the image.

In the second half of the page they talk about ray-
tracing in general.

Regards,

Tor Olav
--