POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OT: cpu speed & rendering time : Re: OT: cpu speed & rendering time Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT: cpu speed & rendering time
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Jan 2001 14:34:39
Message: <3A6350CF.7C9F6945@gmx.de>
Ben Chambers wrote:

> Christoph Hormann wrote:
> BTW, the German c't magazine regularly publishes Povray benchmark results
>
> > for all CPUs.
> >
> > Christoph
> >

> Is this information posted on the web?
> ...Chambers

I just looked up some values from previous tests, they used the chess2
scene coming with povray 3.1 with 320x240 -aa, but did not specify any
further details, especially not the focal blur quality used.  I tested it
with FB_Quality_Default on my K6/500 while some other apps where running
and came to 253 PPS which seems quite reasonable. :-(

Even though chess2.pov is one of the larger sample scenes from povray 3.1
it nearly only uses the CPU (< 1Mb memory use) and therefore i did not
include any other information on the test systems used.

The last issue of the c't (02/2001) contained a test of Pentium 4 systems,
therefore there are quite a lot of values for this processor.

Celeron 533 MHz       333 PPS
Celeron 600 MHz       339 PPS
Pentium 3 733 MHz     512 PPS
Pentium 3 750 MHz     522 PPS
Pentium 3 866 MHz     604 PPS
Pentium 3 1.0 GHz     691/704/691 PPS
Pentium 4 1.4 GHz     738/724/745/745/791/731 PPS
Pentium 4 1.5 GHz     791/783 PPS
Pentium 4 1.6 GHz     834 PPS
Duron 600 MHz         471/474 PPS
Duron 650 MHz         515/515 PPS