POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal Blur and Lens Glare : Re: Focal Blur and Lens Glare Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal Blur and Lens Glare
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 12 Jan 2001 22:53:21
Message: <3A5FD176.22C1499E@peak.edu.ee>
Ben Chambers wrote:

> Has anyone tried using focal blur and lens glare at the same time?  I
> haven't tried anything yet, but I was thinking of using both in an
> image, and was wondering about possible side effects from crossing the
> two.
> ...Chambers

Assuming you use Chris Colefax's lens effects include file, you might have to
set the "effect_always_on_top" option to "false".
The lens effect is in fact an assortment of objects (discs, triangles, etc)
positioned & textured to look like a lens flare; so it is affected by focal blur
like any other object. As far as I know, unless you set the above option to
"false", these objects are positioned very close to the camera; so they might
get excessively blurred.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee