POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brsuhing up on math - intersection sphere-cylinder : Brsuhing up on math - intersection sphere-cylinder Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Brsuhing up on math - intersection sphere-cylinder
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 8 Jan 2001 05:09:00
Message: <3A5990BE.2E6AC598@onwijs.com>
I know there are many of you for whom this is daily stuff, so perhaps someone
can help me with this:

If I have a sphere with radius 1 intersected by a cylinder with radius .5, with
an axis in the z-direction through point <.75,0> how can I calculate the points
on the curve where these two intersect?
The values are arbitrary and I know there are several ways to calculate both
objects and that you should cross these two some way but I get very weird
looking results and I'm convinced it should be something simple (or at least I
hope).

Thanks in advance,

Remco