POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blender : Re: Blender Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender
From: Florentine Audet
Date: 7 Jan 2001 12:52:32
Message: <3A58AC09.6335BC58@sympatico.ca>

> I just came accross this excellent 3d Animation package "blender"
> www.blender.nl . I am practising on its NURBS feature and would like to
 know
> what is the best way to export the model to povray. Does anyone has
> experience with it?

The way I did last time worked very well
for my needs :
first of all,  your model should be converted
into meshes,  with the "alt+C" blend command.
Then,  save your blender file in to a DXF file,  and
import it into "3d Win file converter"... and
export it to POV !!
...I think you can even get differente layers
conversion....  But I am not quiet sure.

       Have a good day,       Alex

p.s.  Congratulation,  your discovered somethig great.(the blender softwa
re)
I did the same 3 weeks ago ! There will have a "showcase" on
the Blender-site,  take a look at blender.nl