POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DTA and tiling images : Re: DTA and tiling images Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DTA and tiling images
From: Ken
Date: 6 Jan 2001 22:58:33
Message: <3A57E996.12B84581@pacbell.net>
GrimDude wrote:

> I did this once, but no telling which version I had at the time. I thought
> there was a /tile command for DTA, but I can no longer find it in the
> documents.
>
> I have 16 images at 256x256x256 res. ands would like to tile them to a
> 1024x1024x256 res. image in a 4x4 array. Does anyone have an idea what the
> command for this is?
>
> Grim

In version 2.2.7 the tiling command is -

(Tiling)
    /TILE#         Tile images # by #
    /TILEX#        Tile images horizontally, # per picture
    /TILEY#        tile images vertically, # per picture

 (Geometrical transformation options)
    /CL#,#[,#,#]   Clip the input picture.  The first two numbers
                   specify the top-left, and the other two numbers
                   control the width and depth.
    /CLP#,#[,#,#]  clip from top-left (after scaling)
    /LOC#,#[,#]    specify where to place image (default is 0,0)
                   The final number specifies time
    /LT            Make /LOC base vertical coords from the top edge
                   instead of the center.
    /LB            Make /LOC base vertical coords from the bottom edge.
    /LL            Make /LOC base horizontal coords from the left edge
                   instead of the center
    /LR            Make /LOC base horizontal coords from the right edge
    /ROT#[,#]      rotation... first number represents angle, second
                   is for time
    /SC[#,#[,#]]   rescale pictures to screen res. or specified size
    /SCF[#,#[,#]]  fast, but dumb, rescale

I am not sure these options are still available in v3.0 but you can
try. If not then I still have the earlier version I can send you
along with the docs for it.