POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Announce] Oyonale.com : Re: [Announce] Oyonale.com Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Announce] Oyonale.com
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Jan 2001 05:20:21
Message: <3A544F02.A8731893@inapg.inra.fr>
Tom Melly wrote:

> "Christoph Hormann" <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> > starting pages ASAP, right now it's a non eye friendly bright-dark-bright

> Seemed very readable to me - or has G. already changed it?

No, I think Christoph is right. I wanted it all white but when I started adding
animations one of them looked awful on white, so I changed the background to
black. I really have to redo this, but as the whole site contains about 370
interrelated pages I spent most of the time sorting out this hypertext
nightmare.

> BTW the Using UV-Mapping tutorial looks great - has this changed? It seems
> to have more detail than I recall.

Less detail in fact. Since the release of 3DWin  v4 and of fixed versions of
Poser 4, this tutorial had become outdated and could be simplified.

> Also BTW, and something I'm sure you're aware of, it is very hard to
> navigate in Z. Is this art or reality? Inquiring minds wish to know.

I had two Z galleries from different websites that I had to merge in a hurry.
There's work to do here too. I also plan to put the 7 "Births of Z" MPEG
animations I did 2 years ago but never released.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com