POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: Matt Giwer has been banned from news.povray.org : Re: Announcement: Matt Giwer has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: Matt Giwer has been banned from news.povray.org
From: Ken
Date: 3 Jan 2001 17:59:16
Message: <3A53AEE3.BD15A0D7@pacbell.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <3A534DAD.8EBB6018@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
> wrote:
>
> > comp.graphics.raytracing is a dead group that no one is using. I have
> > a feeling I am the only person in the entire world that is subscribed
> > to that group. I am also pretty sure that I have mentioned this before.
>
> You don't mean comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing do you? It is far from
> dead...
> My ISP's heirarchy doesn't contain a comp.graphics.raytracing...

comp.graphics.raytracing was the forerunner of c.g.r.r.. It is still
officialy chartered but long since abandonded. My ISP carries it but
there may be many that don't because the posting frequency there is
so small that it is not worth carrying. If it became active you could
probably get your ISP to add it to your available groups list however.

Right now my ISP is showing zero messages for that group. The last
several I have seen posted there were spam. Not one on-topic post
in over 6 mo..

Like I said people could probably discuss anything they want there
and no one would ever notice let alone care.