POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: Matt Giwer has been banned from news.povray.org : Re: Announcement: Matt Giwer has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: Matt Giwer has been banned from news.povray.org
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 3 Jan 2001 10:08:19
Message: <3A533EFA.D3449C18@my-dejanews.com>
Ken wrote:

> ... unwilling to comply with the News Server Acceptable
> Use Policy and as such has left us with no alternative but to deny
> ... further access to this news server.

Is there a newsgroup in the official usenet that those debating povvers
could all agree to congregate on. The News Admin had suggested this once
but no one was willing to give up flaming and no one suggested a
specific group.

I know there's nothing exactly like it in existence, but we need
something like:
  computers.graphics.raytracing-flame.wars.

Searching forums in deja, the closest ones are:
 comp.sys.amiga.advocacy
 sci.electronics.design