POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mike Miller : Re: Mike Miller Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mike Miller
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 31 Dec 2000 10:43:21
Message: <3A4F53EA.937022FC@skynet.be>
Alan Kong wrote:
>   A few of Mike's scenes may still be included with the POV-Ray package
> but Mike did not always post his scene source. If any are included with
> the demo scenes they are likely not public domain, but included for your
> enjoyment.

I got a CD-Rom than contain several images and sources from Mike
Miller and Truman Brown.  I'll have a look soon (once the new year's
stuff will be over), and will tell here what I got.

>   Mike dropped from sight many years ago and efforts both by individuals
> and the POV-Team have failed to find him online. I was told that when
> Mike was active on CompuServe with the POV-Team, he was always willing
> to help out people with questions about writing scenes.

He (with Truman Brown) defined the first "POV-style", I think.
And, even by today's standards, his images are amazing !

Fabien.