POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Ken
Date: 28 Dec 2000 10:50:20
Message: <3A4B613E.F71B6C2C@pacbell.net>
Bill Dewitt wrote:

> "Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :
> >
> > And he couldn't help putting them out there to be attacked.
>
>     That's true. And he clearly puts them there to be offensive.
>
>     I object to his distortions and slant. I can see that this is a reason
> to shut down all discussion. The policy clearly states that if someone posts
> offensive and inflammatory messages that the whole group will be punished.

 Attempts made for a peaceful resolution were ignored. A clear message has
now been sent that is impossible to ignore. While people may disagree with
that action it has happened and history cannot be changed. Peoples actions
and willingness to accept the AUP will now dictate the future of that group.
The hurt people feel now will diminish, peace will be restored, and the
community will continue to grow in a favorable manner.

--
Ken Tyler