POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 27 Dec 2000 09:42:06
Message: <3A4A004D.9ACF2E1A@aetec.ee>
Chris C wrote:

> off-topic was removed due to consistent abuse.

Wouldn't it have been better to warn users of off-topic group before
removing it and only if this didn't help, then close that group? (Sorry,
if this was done already, I quit reading off-topic group couple of month
ago and don't know, what happened there).
My only concern with this group removing is the possible increase of
off-topic messages in other groups now. Hopefully TAG and POV-Ray team
members will follow new administration rules and avoid this...