POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in (Mega)POV for Windows? : Re: Bug in (Mega)POV for Windows? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in (Mega)POV for Windows?
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 26 Dec 2000 18:12:45
Message: <3A4924F6.743B2D65@videotron.ca>
Chris Colefax wrote:

> Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> > The syntax highlighter used in the various versions of POV for windows
> > thinks atan() is a valid function.
> >
> > Have I discovered a new bug?  Should I post to povray.bugreports?
>
> No - atan() *is* invalid.  POV-Ray 3.1 only supports the atan2() function,
> with instructions in the docs to use atan2(A, 1) if you want something that
> acts like regular atan().

I know this, but atan() is highlighted in purple as if it were a valid
keyword.  Hence my question.

However, I think this is a problem with the Codemax editor, not the
POV-Ray (or MegaPOV) program.  Hence my asking if I should post my bug
report to p.br.

--
Francois Labreque | Rimmer: "Let's go to red alert!"
    flabreque     | Kryten: "Are you sure, Sir?  You realize it