POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Needed: up & down in normals! : Needed: up & down in normals! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Needed: up & down in normals!
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 15 Dec 2000 08:24:14
Message: <3A3A1A19.B90A2BF0@my-dejanews.com>
I have a building texture for a city where I have a texture map:

texture {
   gradient y
    texture_map{
         [0.00 Bricktex]
         [0.35 Bricktex]
         [0.35 BlackGlasstex]
         [0.65 BlackGlasstex]
         [0.65 Bricktex]
         [1.00 Bricktex]
         }
         scale 1/10
       }

The Bricktex defintion includes a normal{bumps scale 0.01} .

I want the BlackGlasstex definition to have its normal be "inny",
"down", or  "flat & depressed"  **RELATIVE** to the bricks.  How do I do
this?

I think it would be wonderful if I could simply say normal{down} .