POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : text around a circle : Re: text around a circle Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text around a circle
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 12 Dec 2000 20:29:36
Message: <3A36D0FF.B0434BAC@ij.net>
Shay wrote:

> Any tip for adding text around the perimeter of a circle with the text on
> the bottom as well as the text on the top being upright?
>
> Since the letters are lined up at the axis with the lower left corner of the
> letter, translating and then rotating the text leaves the text on the bottom
> closer to the axis than that on the top.

	For the longest time I thought that would be too hard to manually in
photoshop. Then one day I did it. The first attempt was good enough.

	But divide by the number of letters to find the degrees apart. Create
each letter separately. R being the radius of your circle, x = r
sin(angle) y = r cos(angle). Add a little to r for the descenders below
the line.