POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wood grain degrades poorly at lower resolutions : wood grain degrades poorly at lower resolutions Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  wood grain degrades poorly at lower resolutions
From: David Beccue
Date: 12 Dec 2000 12:53:44
Message: <3A36668F.3B427C45@Beccue.com>
Help!

When I render my wood grain, it looks great close-up (i.e. 2000x1500
resolution) but it has ugly patterns in it at lower resolutions.  Is
there some way to make the lower resolutions degrade more realistically?

I've included the POV files and a link to the JPGs in case someone could

take a look at it.

http://www.softcare.cx/wood1_hirez.jpg
http://www.softcare.cx/wood1_lorez.jpg

If this problem would take any substantial amount of time to fix, I'm
certainly willing to pay someone to help me with it.

Please help!

Thanks,
David Beccue
888-323-2283

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wood1.pov.txt' (87 KB) Download 'door.inc.txt' (4 KB) Download 'cabsol.inc.txt' (8 KB)