POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A small problem with the VFAQ : Re: A small problem with the VFAQ Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small problem with the VFAQ
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Dec 2000 15:10:05
Message: <3A353486.8C89C3DD@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

>   I have noticed one small problem with the FVAQ page:
>   There are so many questions that finding something specific is not easy.
>   I tried to alleviate this long ago by dividing the questions into categories,
> but the categories have grown so big (specially the first one) that there's
> the problem again.
>   Do you have any suggestion how should I sort or group the questions so
> that they are in an intuitive order?

As i see it the main problem is that the list is too long to find the
right part at the first glance.

Some things that could help:

- A dynamic 'tree' with automatic expanding and collapsing of the
sections. You could also put entries in several sections with this
solution without making it ways too long.

- links to other related questions at the end of each paragraph.

- Some keywords for every paragraph and a table with all questions and the
belonging keywords put together or a list ordered according to keywords.
As an easier alternative you could make the keywords in bold face if they
occur in the title.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>