POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very high resolution Earth's Moon and Mars : Re: Very high resolution Earth's Moon and Mars Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very high resolution Earth's Moon and Mars
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 8 Dec 2000 03:43:48
Message: <3A309F44.6C306064@ij.net>
Dave Cook wrote:

> As Jon Berndt mentioned a few days ago, the originals of these can be found,
> along with many more, at http://maps.jpl.nasa.gov. Moreover, the
> OpenUniverse versions are JPEG'ed whereas the JPL versions are the
> unadulterated TIFFs - although maybe not in the super-duper hi-res versions.

	I do not argue with that but 'can be found on' and 'can find' are two
different issues. Specificity is the greatest desirable attribute of a
URL.

	That aside, back in my 486DX66, 16.6 days I found an montage image of
the earh from space with clouds eliminated in mercator projection
perfect for map_type 1 onto a sphere. Unfortunately is would have been a
significant fraction (half) of my 1.5G disk.

	Can you find that image?

--
We never learned if Harvey had been to Akron.
	-- The Iron Webmaster, 75