POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Stellated Dodecahedron : Re: Stellated Dodecahedron Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:43:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stellated Dodecahedron
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 4 Dec 2000 02:54:51
Message: <3A2B4DD0.9FC73AE1@atos-group.com>
Richard Schorn wrote:

> there are three(!) others, but I computed only this one and the small
> stellated dodecahedron.

<* swallowing the hook and the full line *>
I can only think of 3 stellated dodecahedrons...
How do you construct them ? (especially the fourth ?)
Mine are extension of the surfaces(plane).

Example in 2D with a pentagon:
extending the lines give the pentalpha.
As there is only one additional point, there is only
one stellated pentagon.

For the dodecahedron, I can find up to 3 additionnal intersections,
thus 3 stellated dodecahedrons.
the fourth one is infinite and look like the merge of a lot
of pillars at the origin. As it is infinite, it is not
a polyhedra (from my point of view).

> BTW: the names of the polyhedra vary from book to book.

Yes, I know that!