POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [ANNOUNCE] My web site is now online : Re: [ANNOUNCE] My web site is now online Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [ANNOUNCE] My web site is now online
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 1 Dec 2000 09:58:29
Message: <3A27BD0B.5FA9DA51@aetec.ee>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Comments & suggestions would be much appreciated.

OK, comments, (You asked for that!)

It would be better, if this upper menu bar works by clicking on the
whole area of selection, not only by clicking over text. Currently I
tried several times to click on the area near the text and wondered, why
nothing happened. Sure, one can see link's active area by change of
mouse pointer, but it is not very intuitive. Other possibility is to
change background of text area to give cue to user. Don't know, how
hard/easy that would be, though. This applies to JavaScript version, in
pure HTML links are underlined and it is not problem (at least for me).

One thing, which annoys me, is the change of text position in menu bar:
click on code, then on scenes: "code" menu item (its text) shifts to the
right.

"code" pull-down menu remains opened, if user selects "scenes" or
"tools", "gallery"'s pull-down  does not remain open. IMHO it should
behave consistently.

If some page contains more information than fits on display and this
information is divided into separate sections (as it is in Link page),
then it would be good to have overview of page in the top of page (I
mean list of sections with links to them).

If there is no back/next link available, then such text should probably
not be displayed or it should be indicated clearly, that this link is
unavailable (in the bottom of table). Now with JavaScript version one
can't see, whether link works or not without trying.

Some indication of image sizes in Gallery pages would be good, but don't
have idea, how to display it without going too technical and changing
current layout. Or is the size consideration unimportant  nowadays?

As others said, it could be to use more contrast. Colour scheme is
somewhat depressing, but I can understand this, especially at this time
of year...

Just my EEK 10.00 (sorry about price, but beer costs that much nowadays
;o)