POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [ANNOUNCE] My web site is now online : Re: [ANNOUNCE] My web site is now online Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [ANNOUNCE] My web site is now online
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Dec 2000 08:55:02
Message: <3A27ADB0.A878B91E@gmx.de>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Hehe... :-)
> Sorry, Margus...I think people just like colorful sites. Maybe if you
> scatter a lot of saturated colors and graphics around until the site
> takes half an hour to load...
>
> Note for everyone outside the TAG and POV-Team: there was quite a bit of
> discussion about the colors on the site, Margus has been trying to get
> it "light enough" for a while now. :-)

I'm not sure about that, i changed from dark to a brighter version some
time ago and most people i asked showed positive reactions.  I used quite
strong colors in both versions but i already considered a more harmonic
color scheme.

I think usually a bright background is considered as beeing more 'serious'
but i don't think that can be generalized.

I like Margus Ramst's page design, although it's somewhat empty right now
:-)
BTW it runs well on Netscape 4.7.

Christoph

--