POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Water and oceans : Re: Water and oceans Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water and oceans
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Dec 2000 03:07:20
Message: <3A275C37.ED2581CA@gmx.de>
Yann Ramin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with one scene I have. In order to give it a good
> background, I have decided to add a body of water, but I'm at a loss over
> how to model it correctly.
>
> Should I try an isosurface? If so, any ideas on the function (RMF?)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Yann

RMF is often a good idea for water, although some addidtional linear waves
are often better for sea water.  If you only need a background you do not
necessarily need an isosurface but can use a normal to speed things up.
There are some sample pictures on different finish settings for water on
my site.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>