POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : are there any books for POV-ray? : Re: are there any books for POV-ray? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: are there any books for POV-ray?
From: Ken
Date: 1 Dec 2000 00:21:10
Message: <3A2735FB.CAEA8905@pacbell.net>
Yann Ramin wrote:

> Someone, someday, should write one!
> It would sort of be cool to see a POV book on the shelf next to ones for
> 3ds, Strata (the program that used to be cool - think Myst), etc.

It's not that none have ever been written it's just that it has been
a while since one was written that reflects the latest version of
the program and is still in print. For titles see -

http://members.iquest.net/~cyoung/ray/

If you can read Japanese there is a recent POV-Ray book written by
a Japanese author for the Japanese POV-Ray enthusiasts. If you really
want a link to it I could probably track it down for you.