POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Silent movie-clips and my X-Mas-whishes ... : Re: Silent movie-clips and my X-Mas-whishes ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silent movie-clips and my X-Mas-whishes ...
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 30 Nov 2000 06:08:02
Message: <3A26462B.4DB8981F@free.fr>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> Warp wrote in message <3a261624@news.povray.org>...
> >  AVI is a lossless format so that can't be the reason for not
> supporting it.

	AVI is not always lossless if you select another common codec
like the Indeo ones, which are definitely destructive.

> yes, this format supports uncompressed frames
> http://www.jmcgowan.com/avicodecs.html#DIB
> ABX

	It's also possible to achieve good compression with lossless
codec like the Ben Rudiak-Gould's "huffyuv" in RGB mode. Saves a good
deal of disk space and is fast. I recommend it (Win32):

	http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/huffyuv.html

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr