POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : --> Help! INSTALL = Kernel32.dll crash <--- : Re: --> Help! INSTALL = Kernel32.dll crash <--- Server Time
8 Jul 2024 03:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: --> Help! INSTALL = Kernel32.dll crash <---
From: Pabs
Date: 20 Nov 2000 22:50:09
Message: <3A19F141.D6960F4B@hotmail.com>
BEARlabs wrote:

> Help!

I'll try

> i've finally *found* POV - after wishing for a raytracer for too long..

Hi & welcome to the POV community
You'll want to suscribe to povray.binaries.images & .animations,
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions & ask your questions
relating to pov in povray.newusers,
look at Warp's VFAQ (http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ.html),
check out MegaPOV (http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.html),
check out moray (http://www.stmuc.com/moray/) as a modeller and
look through the links at povray.org/links/ (Thanks uncle Ken) for other
resources.
Also the IRTC http://www.irtc.org) is a competition you may want to enter
later on.
BTW POV3.5 may be out soon.

> after the down load and getting to the install screen and clicking it
> crashes instantly.
> What's up with this? It may not be unique to POV...(?)
> In anyevent how to fix, and what's wrong...

I have never heard of anything like this before.
Could be something to do with the download - their may have been some data
error.
Before redownloading from your closest mirror try using the same installer
on another
windows machine, try rebooting a few times and then installing, try
reinstalling other software
etc to find out where the problem is.

> not terribly familliar with the inner workings of Windoze 98...

Only Bill Gate$ & his buddies are :) - use Linux & Wine instead.
--
Bye
Pabs