POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particles? : Particles? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Particles?
From: MikeH
Date: 20 Nov 2000 18:17:43
Message: <3A19A28D.7486299F@aol.com>
Are there any good particle includes/macros besides the ones by
Colefax?  I'm kind of hoping there's one out there that can handle
collision detection against any object, be it using trace() or
whatever.  What I need is something very basic - particles emitting from
an area and falling straight down like rain.  While it would be cool for
them to bounce off objects, I could just have them die on contact.

Anyway, the particles themselves are easy enough to make, but how can I
tell if one has hit an object between frames?  Better yet, maybe someone
has already done it.

Help!!! ;)

-Mike