POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Confusion : Re: Media Confusion Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Confusion
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 18 Nov 2000 03:22:20
Message: <3A163C02.2078F4E1@mac.com>
Andy Cocker wrote:
> Maybe scale it fractionally smaller, to
> avoid POV getting confused over where the edge of the glass cylinder ends
> and the media cylinder start ( not sure if this last step entirely necc.)

I'll try it both ways; thanks.  It occurs to me to ask at this point how
many digits of precision POV-Ray computes when examining congruence of
surfaces?  Is 1.99 functionally any different from 1.9999999999999999?

> Oh yes, and welcome to the often frustrating but ultimately rewarding world
> of 'media'.

Gosh, thanks. 8|

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.