POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Confusion : Media Confusion Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Media Confusion
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 17 Nov 2000 19:46:14
Message: <3A15D156.739ECCBF@mac.com>
Hey, gang.

I'm still working on that dang bussard collector, and I'm thinking I
should try simulating plasma inside it by means of media.  So I opened
the handy-dandy documentation, and got confused right off (is anyone
surprised? (don't answer that)).

I'm creating a container object out of glass, which obliges me to use
the interior { I_Glass } statement (though, as a side note, it seems
that I_Glass isn't really anything but an ior 1.5?), and then I'd like
to put the media inside a hollow space (created with the 'hollow'
keyword, natch), but I don't understand... do I use a second interior {}
statement?  Do I do interior { I_Glass media [blah, blah, blah]}?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.