POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature request (regarding &,|) : Re: feature request (regarding &,|) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:08:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature request (regarding &,|)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 17 Nov 2000 19:06:27
Message: <3A15C83B.B487233F@peak.edu.ee>
Jamie Davison wrote:

> Because not everybody on these groups, or indeed everybody who uses POV,
> is experienced in, or capable of reading C style code.
>
> I have enough trouble reading POV code as it is, and adding (more)
> abstract symbols to the scene description language would kill my ability
> to understand roughly what is happening in a scene file.

The proposed change would add nothing to the scene language; it would change the
way an existing operator is parsed.
Frankly, the way it works now initially caused more confusion for me, since I
did not see the point in evaluating the second part of the conditional, if the
whole condidtional was already bound to return "false".

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee