POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! : off-topic quick comment on Mac OS X Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  off-topic quick comment on Mac OS X
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 17 Nov 2000 11:28:12
Message: <3A155C9A.A168D648@mac.com>
> In article <3A1429B7.2483CA26@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:
> > And for me, I will definately move to a nice dual G4 when MacOX is
> > released and fully tested and also when I have enough cash!

And Chris Huff replied:
> Lets hope you don't have to wait much longer...

I'm participating in the OS X public beta, and I have to say that it's
only about 80% ready for the public.  On the other hand, at its current
state, if you can tolerate the rough edges, it does indeed rock.

ObPOV:
When running POV-Ray in the classic layer under OS X public beta, I've
found that it's wisest not to have any other classic aps running at the
same time -- often, odd interactions in the shared memory space of the
classic layer will cause not just the classic layer, but the entire OS
to hang when you try a complex render.

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.