POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What makes POV POV? : Re: What makes POV POV? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What makes POV POV?
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:28:25
Message: <3A130E28.67FBDEA8@skynet.be>
I think :
> 3: Both are equally important, POV is the combination of the two.

Seeing POV-Ray as a "rendering engine" leads to the loss of too much
power.  In the French newsgroups, when a newcomer says "hey, I've just
downloaded POV-Ray and Moray..." , I always advice him (girls are rare
there too, sigh..) to try to make a quick tour of "pure" POV before
going to Moray, as, though Moray is fine, you risk to be aware of
only 20% of POV-Ray's abilities.

I'd like to think of POV-Ray as a "system", not just a language or
an engine.

BTW, I really meant 'answer #3', not 2 or 4 ! ;-)
(but your choices were arranged smartly enough to avoid confusion..)

Fabien.