POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What makes POV POV? : Re: What makes POV POV? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What makes POV POV?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 15 Nov 2000 08:35:59
Message: <3A128FE4.378FD94@my-dejanews.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> The renderer, or the scene language?
> Is the language the only thing that is important, or is the renderer
> important too?
> 1: The language is the only thing that matters.

If the nuts who came up with Java also wrote the povray scene language, I'd
still be playing with CorelDraw or might have taken up golf.  For me it is an
intuitive language that is very forgiving to this non-programmer who'd
forgotten a lot of his BASIC and FORTRAN, and who gags on the chapters on
variable declaration syntax every time he picks up a book on a modern
language.

> 2: The language is most important, but rendering engine is important too.

Cool images are cool images.