POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How are radiosity samples calculated? : Re: How are radiosity samples calculated? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How are radiosity samples calculated?
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 13 Nov 2000 03:58:56
Message: <3A0FAD74.E047F4AB@skynet.be>
Sorry, I can't answer to your question.  However, I have a suggestion..
Why not organise a "radiosity roundtable" ?  Let me explain : when
radiosity appeared in POV-Ray, the availiable computers made it very
slow, and thus difficult to master.  Slowly, people started to
understand how it sould be used to give good results, and realised
that the "right way" was quite different from what the docs said.
At one point, when our favorite sport was "rad without light source",
Nathan decided to modify the core code.  It worked ten times better
than before, but, still, people started making interesting discoveries
(you, TonyB, Gilles, and others), which again showed that the engine
was better than what the programmers tought !!  So, my suggestion is to
do some "comferences", where concerned people could publicly exchange
their views about how it works, how it acts, how it could work...

A detailed answer to your question could be a good starting point.
Of course, if it happens, it would be after the release of
POV-Ray 3.5...

Fabien.