POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Transmit Value : Re: The Transmit Value Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Transmit Value
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 13 Nov 2000 03:58:36
Message: <3A0FAD43.4DC0A12C@atos-group.com>
Rune wrote:

> "J. Grimbert" wrote:
> > Does Rune already have the patch to do it that new way?
>
> Nope, unfortunately not, it's more like a feature request.
>
> Maybe if this thread grows big enough the right people will begin to notice
> it! ;)

Well, I'm not the right people, but I have done the patch.
(see p.b.i for illustration).

As it is really easy for 3.1g (and short), I give it inline here

in lighting.c, find the line in comment and replace with the next:

      /* Att = Trans * (1.0 - min(1.0, LayCol[FILTER] + LayCol[TRANSM])); */
      Att = Trans * (1.0 - (LayCol[FILTER] + LayCol[TRANSM]));

As I do not have the MegaPov sources, it is left as an exercise
for the MegaPov maintainers...

P.S. : I stated the patch was easy, well, not that easy. The computation
of the colour applies to layered textured, so I had to understand the code
first.