POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Subsections : Re: Subsections Server Time
8 Jul 2024 03:58:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsections
From: Ken
Date: 8 Nov 2000 02:27:12
Message: <3A0900AB.291809CE@pacbell.net>
Ouroborus wrote:

> How do I render a subsection of an image so that the resulting image is of
> the size of that subsection (not the size of the full image)?
>
> I'm aware of Start_Row, Start_Column, End_Row and End_Column, however the
> resulting image size (from using just these options) is that of the full
> image instead of just the subsection.
>
> Ouroborus

In the windows version of the program is a rubberband feature.
Start a render. When the render window appears stop the render
by pressing alt g. Use your mouse to define the area you wish
to render. A dialog will popup after you define the area asking
if you want to render that area now. Choose yes. It will only
render the selected area you choose.