POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Leopard Onions (96KB) : Re: Leopard Onions (96KB) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:05:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Leopard Onions (96KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Nov 2000 20:54:16
Message: <3A076074.74AA5ACE@online.no>
"Bob H." wrote:

> I haven't a clue as to what a leopard isosurface should look like.
> What I do know is that you left out one of the turbulence keywords: octaves.
> It defaults to 3 and I'd say that you would see the pattern close were you to
> use octaves 1, but that's only a guess.

Yes, you're right.

Octaves was one of the keywords I wanted
to see the effect of, but I see now that I
have used the frequency keyword instead.

I think I must have mixed it all up in my
mind. :(

And now I'm a little bit confused -
I think I need to look up these two keywords
again, just to convince myself that I do know
the difference.

And then I'll do test renders to see the
effects of different octaves values.

Thank you Bob.

Regards,

Tor Olav