POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Poser dissapointments : Re: Poser dissapointments Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser dissapointments
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Nov 2000 04:16:03
Message: <3A05253E.573545BE@inapg.inra.fr>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> 2. How are people using the poser model in povray? I was hoping I could
> easily find the object parts representing facial skin and clothing, and
> give them different textures.  But this is a painstaking process
> involving a lot of guess work:  "is object_28_ the head? no. Is
> object_29_ ?... "  Or, is everyone simply exporting a nude and hand
> stitching their own clothing in sPatch?  Say it with me: "Ugh."

The latest version of 3DWin makes it fairly simple now.
- Export your model as *.obj.
- Convert it with 3DWin to the mesh2 format. This outputs several files,
particularly :
- The *_o.inc file contains the mesh
- The *_m.inc file contains the texture definitions that you can edit and
replace by your own.

G.