POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Opinion: Replies too general... : Re: Opinion: Replies too general... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opinion: Replies too general...
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 3 Nov 2000 16:33:35
Message: <3A033D83.4DD50756@yahoo.com>
> I'm sick of people who can't be bothered to make any effort on their own
> behalf and just expect everything to be handed to them on a silver
> platter with a big red ribbon for the asking. I think it's extremely
> rude, lazy, and disrespectful of those people to demand more time and
> patience from their superiors in the field than they're willing to put
> in themselves, and they're lucky if they get off with a surly "RTFM" in
> response.. what they need is a good kick in the ass for motivation.
>
> Not that I'd accuse anyone here of being like this. I'm just presenting
> the other POV.

First, I'd say that mostly everybody here on povray's newsgroups are very kind
and answer correctly...

I just had to post this after I got an answer for OpenGL...
It's not that I "can't be bothered to make any effort on my own"... I just don't
want to reinvent the wheel... I mean there are a few ways to make a texture in
OpenGL... the first one I used made one polygon for every pixels... ;)  that was
slow, and I knew it...
But using textures in opengl is very difficult (at least to me), and so I was
wondering about suggestions, hints, examples... specific ones... not the look at
www.opengl.org...  fuck.. there are over a thousand examples there with links to
other sites... I don't even know what they do...

It's all about understanding the concept...  I've read the whole manual, seen
some examples, and I still don't understand the concept!  Can You make me
understand the concept?  If you think I will understand the concept by reading
the manual, well you're wrong since I already read it...  so a specific example
would be better, or writing the functions I should look information for...

----

BTW, I'm sorry if I was rude...  I just couldn't stand that... The people here
on povray seems to Share their ideas, their discoveries... Povray is older than
OpenGL and on OpenGL everybody got the thing working by their own, everybody had
to reinvent the wheel... And I feel, they are jealous(?) of me asking how the
wheel is made?  This is a feeling, I might be wrong...

IMHO,
	Simon
--
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |