POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Opinion: Replies too general... : Re: Opinion: Replies too general... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opinion: Replies too general...
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 3 Nov 2000 11:26:17
Message: <3A02E5D2.626FB6CB@my-dejanews.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> We have that.  All the advanced users who subscribe to .newusers.

Let me restate. I've seen it all:

1. Someone who *should* be told to RFTM and being rude about the solution not being
intuitive *to him*  without sufficient thought or search. For these, let me offer my
thanks and apologies for what the POV-TAG has to put up with.

2. Someone being told to RFTM, sometimes with more effort spent in explaining why it's
a stupid question than in answering it,  for something that is neither clear nor
obvious where to find in the docs. Hence Simon's very valid expression of frustration
and we don't need to dredge up examples.  Some things aren't well defined in the docs;
some things are thoroughly explained, but with terms that are logically coined but not
obvious to the newbie: a Bryce-like progressive render is called "mosaic preview."
Many of the media terms are defined like "this term goes with that term" for some of
the hits when you search for them in the Windows Help program.  For these, let me
offer my thanks and apologies for what the POV-TAG has to put up with, but also say
take it easy.