POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray for scientific use : Povray for scientific use Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Povray for scientific use
From: Dieter Gaffrey
Date: 2 Nov 2000 10:53:23
Message: <3A018DF0.DE13C416@gaffrey.de>
Hi,

at our institute a future item of a diploma thesis
shall be the use of ray-tracing software
(i.e.: Povray because every student can
afford it ;-) ) for scientific, forestry related applications.

This can be
- visualisation of landscapes with real geometry (e.g., based
on GIS data) and with vegetation (with more
or less real architecture),
- modelling the light regime in plant/forest communities
(under different light conditions, at different layers)
combined with image analysis to evaluate the photosynthesic
potential ...,
- and and and

Therefore, I would be very glad if you can tell me any
Povray (or other) source which might go in this direction.

Many thanks in advance!

Dieter
University of Goettingen, Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology
Institute of Forest Biometry and Informatics
Dr. Dieter Gaffrey                              | Phone: +49 (0)551
393460
Buesgenweg 4                                    | Fax:    +49 (0)551
393465
37077 Goettingen, Germany               | http://www.uni.gaffrey.de