POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVRay to 3DS conversion? : Re: POVRay to 3DS conversion? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:04:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay to 3DS conversion?
From: Paul Blaszczyk
Date: 2 Nov 2000 04:51:28
Message: <3A013904.878DB6C1@alpharay.de>
Hi,

Ken wrote:

> Michael Sobers wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a way to convert .pov files to .3DS or .MAX
> > files?
>
> It is generally agreed that it is not really possible.

Maybe...  :-)
I will add an import for POV-scenes in POV-Studio (as first only for camera,
lights and standard-objects). I will upload a beta of this as a converter from
POV -> DXF (later 3DS, LWO, ...)

I will post again, when the first version is out.

Paul

http://www.alpharay.de
http://www.povstudio.de