POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pop-up web pages : Re: Pop-up web pages Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pop-up web pages
From: Warp
Date: 30 Oct 2000 04:39:10
Message: <39fd41be@news.povray.org>
Brandan Whearty <ema### [at] domaincom> wrote:
: Curious.  Why not?

  It's extremely annoying that the page does something I don't want it to do.
I don't want it to trash my screen by opening new windows. I have reserved
certain space on the screen for the application and it should confine itself
in there.
  If I want to open the new page in a new window, I can do it myself. I don't
need the page itself to do it for me.

  There's also a very annoying feeling of self-confidence of the author
of the page when he does this. It's like he was saying "this page is so
good that you really don't want to leave, so I'll just open the new link
in a new window for you so you don't have to bother".
  Why should the author of the page decide what I want or don't want to do?
I can decide for myself, thanks.

  The worst think about this is that you can't disable this feature (at
least not in Netscape). This is the most irritating thing about it.