POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVRay to 3DS conversion? : Re: POVRay to 3DS conversion? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 07:44:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay to 3DS conversion?
From: Bob H
Date: 28 Oct 2000 14:59:31
Message: <39fb2213@news.povray.org>
"Michael Sobers" <mic### [at] mindspringcom> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is a way to convert .pov files to .3DS or .MAX
> files?
>
> I tried to download "Crossroads" but the link was down.  Is this an
> effective utility for converting POV 3.1 files, or will it only work with
> older versions?  Thanks!

The simplest answer is that nothing can convert v3.1 *.pov files to anything
else.
Just isn't a complete conversion of the entire POV syntax into anything else,
far as I know.
Thomas Baier's Win3D converter http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/products.html
and Keith Rule's Crossroads
http://home.europa.com/~keithr/Crossroads/index.html
I think you won't find anything to actually convert a pov file to another
format, but I always hope I'm wrong.
Happened to think... maybe a scene built in Moray and exported as another type
other than POV/INC qualifies as something but I don't know the program.

Bob