POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pop-up web pages : Re: Pop-up web pages Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pop-up web pages
From: Tom Melly
Date: 27 Oct 2000 16:29:17
Message: <39f9e59d@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote in message

> First off, loading someone else's pages in your frameset is a Very Not
> Good Idea. (I believe this has actually been declared illegal..
somewhere.)

I don't believe so (illegal) - as for whether it's acceptable, I think as
long as you don't try and hide what you're doing and as long as you offer a
button to break out of frames, I think it's acceptable.

> Second, Frames Suck(TM).

Only if you don't offer an alternative - it's got to the stage when you can
almost assume that a user's browser supports frames.

> Third.. what, you can't use the "Back" button, you need a link to take
> you back to the page you were just on? Sheesh... :P

Sometimes it's not so much a case of "Back" as "Flip". Used appropriately,
anything is acceptable.