POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Back! : Re: I'm Back! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Back!
From: Twyst
Date: 26 Oct 2000 23:38:54
Message: <39f8f8ce$1@news.povray.org>
Well, my idea is to have user-contributed news/stuff. - I don't think that
forcing people to 'login' to submit stuff is a good plan, either. But I also
believe in moderation - Users submit news, it goes into a verification
queue, and the editors check it over, then approve it.

As for the 'predefined mask' - the system I have planned allows you to be
very freeform - There's no constraint on how many steps you use, or if you
must use an image, or even how big a step is.

The problem with not having a defined layout is abuse. If I allow, for
example, someone to simply type in their HTML page (which is a daunting task
for many) there is the inevitable chance that someone will abuse the system,
either for their amusement ('First-Post' syndrome, like slashdot suffers
from), or for personal gain (ie. link in a bunch of porn banners, or
something)

Basically, I want to make it so that anyone can submit an item - article,
tutorial, image, whatever - and then an editor reviews it and either
approves or disapproves of it.

Twyst

"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39F87D96.261C080C@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...