POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bad bounding? : Re: Bad bounding? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad bounding?
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 22 Oct 2000 22:03:27
Message: <39f39c6f@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote in message
In any case, the middle third of my render just crawls..
> anyone have any suggestions for speeding this up? Would manual bounding
> help? Is there some clever trick I can use?
>
> -Xplo

I wish I had an answer for you - I spent a long time trying to figure this
out myself (back on 5/20/00, to be exact...) and Peter Popov and Mike
Williams and a couple of other folks provided some good advice. I was never
able to achieve acceptable results when adding radiosity and/or media to the
scene, however, even with manual bounding etc. Good luck, Xplo.

Regards,
Dave