POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Happy Birthday, Rusty! : Re: Happy Birthday, Rusty! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Birthday, Rusty!
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 16 Oct 2000 22:05:36
Message: <39ebb3f0@news.povray.org>
I was one of his harshest critics on about his second or so appearance.  I
was a bit caught up in the competitiveness of the whole deal (probably still
am but from a new angle these days). Now I'm happy at least to be
entertained with a cute story line [although haven't yet viewed this round's
entry ;) ] . You have also mastered what i have yet to: making raytracing
that "actually looks" like someplace.  I eschew painstaking realism for
realism's sake, but I suppose you should at least look like a photo of
something.