POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Skip the Logo Contest Voting? : Re: Skip the Logo Contest Voting? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:53:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skip the Logo Contest Voting?
From: Rune
Date: 16 Oct 2000 19:16:30
Message: <39eb8c4e@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> maybe this contest should be put to sleep for a while...say,
> until POV 4.0 is released. In other words, enough time for
> it to fade from most people's memories enough for them to
> get excited over it again.

IIRC it's already more than a year since the beginning of the first
competition. I have for a long time said myself "there's no hurry", but if
we just keep saying like that we'll never get anywhere.

Almost half a year ago I set the deadline for the current contest and
everyone seemed to think it was plenty of time. Now where the deadline is
almost reached I would feel rather stupid just extending it again.

Also, I think the POV-Team will only choose a logo they can fully accept. I
don't think they will go on compromise with the logo just to get one. So if
they choose one, it's great. And if they don't, we can always make a new
contest later.

> There will also be new people in the community, and you can
> design the new contest keeping the mistakes of the first two
> in mind.

Please tell me what are the mistakes of the second (the current) contest?

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org